Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Instant Tole Tray with Decals: Painted Roses Toleware

Wanted to make a grouping of toleware trays for a bare wall in my cottage style kitchen - but gee are those vintage handpainted trays ever pricey. So I heard my local Goodwill calling my name!
Bought all 10 of these "oh-so-unimpressive" trays at Goodwill for $7.56 total - rust and all!
Painted them with a good primer (I use Kilz water based primer - blocks stain and rust and will stick to ANYTHING - even glass)


After the primer dried, I put on a base coat of creamy white.
See instructions, shortcuts, and tips for painting in my other guides:
Trash to Treasure with Decals: Shabby Chic Home Decor
Easy Cheap Crackle Finishes: Shabby Chic Furniture
Confessions of a Lazy Painter: How To Paint Stuff QUICK
Top 10 Furniture Painting Shortcuts

No comments:

Post a Comment