Wednesday, September 14, 2011

quality chinese gibson copies

I keep reading about the rip off of chinese guitar makers with their poor quality copies. My experience on this subject is based on the fact that I have owned and do own genuine gibsons and epiphones and I know what I am geparing them to. I have purchase of seven of these guitars some through germany at a very low price about 150 usd incl. delivery and I found the guitars to be of a quality and finish most pleasing to someone with forty years playing experience.These guitars are easily as good as the best epiphone gibson copies and are one quarter of the price. As for the ones that are a direct copy of a gibson with the gibson logo on the headstock, I bought two of these from "Musoland.ge.cn" and these are so very beautiful and the pickups are in my opinion geparable to gibson pickups and these cost about 400 usd including a hard case. I think it is scandalous that gibson charge between 3000 usd and 4000 usd for an original ,I remember listening to the late greatAlbert King on television saying he could not afford to play an original gibson flying V because they were so dear and he had someone make him copies, how sad was that. I say if chinese gepanies can make geparable copies for under 500 usd including delivery, let gibson stop over charging and get gepetetive and give the ordinary people real value for money, andmake the prices realistic as the chinese have shown they could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment